Prof. Christa Tobler is professor of European law at the Europa Institutes of the Universities of Leiden and Basel, Switzerland. In her research she puts a particular emphasis on legal equality and discrimination, both in economic and in social law, and on the legal relationship between the EU and Switzerland. Prof. Tobler is a member of an expert network of the European Commission in the field of anti-discrimination law. On the level of teaching, she has participated in developing a new teaching tool, which aims at visualising EU law (see www.eur-charts.eu). Prof. Tobler has a particular interest in moot courts as an alternative teaching form. She has been a regular judge at the regional level of the European Law Moot Court Competition for a number of years.
- Essential EU Law in Charts and Text, 3rd edition, Budapest (2014)
- Equality and Non-Discrimination under the ECHR and EU Law. A Comparison Focusing on Discrimination against LGBTI Persons (2014)
- The prohibition of discrimination in the Union’s layered System of Equality Law: From early Staff cases to the Mangold approach (2013)
- Grundzüge des bilateralen (Wirtschafts-)Rechts. Systematische Darstellung in Text und Tafeln (2013)
- Bilaterales Wettbewerbsrecht Schweiz – EU: Uneinheitlich, ineffizient und irrelevant? (2013)