I have been awarded a PhD degree in criminal justice at Leiden University. My main topic can best be described as an analysis of the ways authorities tend to regulate childhood sexuality in the late modern West. Furthermore I am currently a lecturer at the Hague University of Applied Sciences for Safety and Security Management Studies.
- Deciphering the ambiguous menace of sexuality for the innocence of childhood. (2011)
- Ongelijkwaardige seks. Enkele reflecties op de strafrechtelijke handhaving van ontucht met jongeren. (2011)
- De strafrechtelijke bescherming van jongeren tegen seksuele contactlegging. (2011)
- 'Pre-adults’ having ‘casual’ sex with no strings attached? Teenage sexual activity and Dutch criminal law. (2014)
- De seksuele tiener en de sociale orde. (2015)