Koen Caminada (1966) is Professor of Empirical Analysis of Tax and Social Policy at Leiden University, the Netherlands. He is Scientific Director of the Leiden Institute of Tax Law and Economics. His research interests include Empirical Analysis of Tax Law and Social Policy, Social Security, Fiscal and Tax Policy, Income Distribution and Poverty (EU and OECD). Caminada holds a PhD from Leiden University (1997), and studied Economics at Erasmus University Rotterdam (1986-1992) and the Catholic University Leuven, Belgium (1991-1992). He is director of the research programme ‘Reform of social security’ at Leiden University. Caminada is a research fellow at Leiden Law School, and Network for Studies on Pensions, Aging and Retirement. He is member of the board of Governors of the Foundation of International Studies on Social Security, member of the Dutch Tax Committee, and Academic Partner of CPB Netherlands Bureau of Economic Policy Analysis.
- Income redistribution in 20 countries over time (2013)
- The redistributive effect of social transfer programs and taxes: a decomposition across countries (2012)
- Patterns of Welfare State Indicators in the EU: Is there Convergence? (2010)
- Verdeelde zekerheid. De verdeling van lasten en baten van sociale zekerheid en pensioenen (2003)
- International Trends in Income Inequality and Social Policy (2001)