Paul Cliteur specializes in human rights, animal rights, law and religion, terrorism, secularism, church and state, religion and violence. His most recent publication in English is The Secular Outlook (Wiley-Blackwell 2010). He also published a book in Spanish: Esperanto Moral (2009).
- The Secular Outlook: In Defense of Moral and Political Secularism (2010)
- The Definition of Atheism (2009)
- L'Etat laïque face au terrorisme religieux (2008)
- A secular reading of Tocqueville (2007)
- Por qué hablan de laicismo 'agresivo' (2007)