Tom received his degrees from the universities of Maastricht (Criminal Law) and Leiden (Jurisprudence and Philosophy of Law). He is currently a PhD Candidate at the Department of Jurisprudence of Leiden Law School, where he works on a thesis on freedom of speech and blasphemy.
- The New Censorship - A Case Study of the Extrajudicial Restraints on Free Speech ()
- Een geschiedenis van het delict ‘groepsbelediging’ en een blik op het Amerikaanse First Amendment ()
- Denouncing Divinity: Blasphemy, Human Rights, and the Struggle of Political Leaders to defend Freedom of Speech in the Case of Innocence of Muslims ()
- Charlie Hebdo: cartoons en godslastering ()
- Politici, de vrijheid van meningsuiting en Innocence of Muslims ()