Prof Sloth-Nielsen is an expert on children’s rights, focussing on the African context. She is 2nd vice chair of the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child.
- The Constitutional Family: Developments in South African Child and Family Law 2003-2013 (2014)
- Children’s Rights and Parental Authority: African Perspectives (Routledge Handbook of Family law and Policy) (2014)
- The Lesotho Child Care and Protection Act and orphans and vulnerable children” in B. Atkin (ed) International Survey of Family Law Jordan Publishing (2014)
- A maturing manifesto: children’s rights under the South African Constitution 2008-2012 (2013)
- Deprivation of liberty 'as a last resort' and for the 'shortest period of time': How far have we come? and can we do better? (2013)