Dr. Stephanie Rap is assistant professor at the Child Law Department at Leiden University. She holds master’s degrees in Pedagogical sciences and Criminology. In 2013 she defended her Ph.D. dissertation in juvenile criminal law titled The participation of juvenile defendants in the youth court: A comparative study of juvenile justice procedures in Europe at Utrecht University. Stephanie Rap has published and presented extensively on juvenile justice, children’s rights and child participation in legal proceedings. She lectures on topics related to juvenile justice and child protection in the Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Children’s Rights.
- The voice of the child in juvenile justice procedures (2017)
- A children’s rights perspective on the participation of juvenile defendants in the youth court. (2016)
- The implementation of the right to be heard in juvenile justice proceedings in Europe. (2016)
- The participation of social services in youth justice systems in Europe. (2015)
- The effective youth court. Juvenile justice procedures in Europe. (2014)